Chocolate cake with Saba
- 100 g all purpose flour
- 5 tblsp cocoa powder
- 45 ml SABA + 5 ml to serve
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g dark chocolate 61% chopped
- 200 ml yogurt
- 150 g brown sugar
- 50 g almond or walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 1 tblsp cocoa powder
- 250 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180° C, butter a loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and chocolate. Add SABA and yogurt to obtain a soft creamy mixture.
- To make the icing, mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, almonds and walnuts.
- In a small saucepan bring the water to boil, then add the almond-sugar mix and boil at mild temperature till the sugar is completely melted.
- Pour the cake mixture in the prepared pan, the icing on top and bake for about 30 minutes.